This jaggery has been made from a heirloom variety of sugarcane, grown organically and then processed organically following the traditional way using lady finger as a natural cleansing agent, absolutely no chemicals and no Sulphur. Organic jaggery is an excellent digestive, very rich in calcium and a perfect alternative for white sugar.
Freshly made Jaggery has light color and brittle texture, though the process and quality both remains the same. Over a period of time the Jaggery turns more darkish due to the process of oxidation.
The jaggery is sun dried to be made into small chunks. Chunks can be used as sweeteners for tea, coffee or can even be mixed in milk for kids.
The important benefits of Jaggery include its ability to cleanse your body, act as a digestive agent, sweeten your food in a healthy manner, and provide good amounts of minerals.
Some of the Health Benefits Of Jaggery
The health benefits of this sweet treat include its ability to aid in digestion, treat constipation, boost the energy levels, and much more.
- Improves Digestion - In India, it is recommended to take a few grams of jaggery after a heavy meal or after eating non veg because it facilitates digestion. It activates digestive enzymes and functions like acetic acid in the stomach, thus speeding up digestion and smoothening the process, ultimately reducing strain on the intestines and the digestive tract.
- Cleansing Agent - One of the well-proven benefits of jaggery, it effectively cleans the respiratory tracts, lungs, food pipe, stomach, and intestines.
- Relieves Constipation - Jaggery pulls out dust and unwanted particles from the body, while also giving relief from constipation, due to the presence of fiber in it. As it reduces constipation and stimulates bowel movements, it further cleanses the body of toxins
- Boosts Energy - We know that carbohydrates, consumed in our food, give us energy upon oxidation. The simpler the carbohydrate, the sooner the energy is released. This simplicity comes as a blessing for athletes and people suffering from serious fatigue because they need instantaneous energy and quick relief.
- Rich in Minerals - Unlike sugar, jaggery is rich in minerals, mainly iron but it also has traces of other mineral salts. While most of the iron comes through its processing in iron vessels, the other minerals come directly from the sugar cane juice, since the juice does not undergo refinement or bleaching of any kind. Therefore, jaggery is a very good source of minerals for the body.
- Sweetener - There are plenty of natural and artificial sweetening agents available on the market, with good old white sugar right at the top. However, most of them are just plain sweeteners. The benefit of jaggery is that it is a colorful, tasty, and a healthy sweetener. You can experience the difference yourself. Taste plain sugar and jaggery one after another, and it will be very clear to you.
Jaggery is less likely to give you a bad reaction to acidity as compared to white sugar. There is no good explanation for this, although this is frequently observed. Even doctors suggest switching to jaggery for sweetening purposes when someone is having an unexplainable acidic reaction.
People with Diabetes should consult their Doctor before consuming Jaggery