Whole Bengal gram or kala chana is a variety of chickpeas that is used in many cuisines all over the world. But it is most commonly used in India. They are small, dark brown in color and very rich in protein. From sprouted grams till maturity, they are eaten in all stages of their growth.
- Bengal gram has good amount of iron, sodium, selenium and small amount of copper zinc and manganese. They are a rich source of protein.
- They are also a very good source of folic acid and fiber and contain phytochemicals called saponins, which can act as antioxidants.
- Bengal grams enhance the utilization of glucose and are therefore good for diabetic patients.
- They help cure digestive problems like indigestion, dysentery, vomiting, dyspepsia and diarrhea.
- Bengal gram juice known for a rich source of iron and that is highly beneficial for the iron deficiency anemia